Day Camp Information Sheet: 2015_Day_Camp_Flier_c.pdf
2015 Camp Dates
One Session: July 20, 21, 22, 23 AND July 27, 28, 29*, 30* (no camp on Fridays)
Registration ** REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED **
* July 29 is last day for girls entering grades 1-3. Those entering grades 4-10 may camp overnight on July 29 (optional) and return home before noon on July 30.
Registration opens February 12. A registration is considered "on time" if it is submitted by 5:00pm PST on March 6, 2015. Register at https://campscui.active.com/orgs/DiamondCrestGirlSCoutDayCamp.
WE HAVE A NEW SYSTEM THIS YEAR! Helpful tips:
- You will need to create a new account and password even if you came to camp last year.
- Please remember that ALL REGISTRATION QUESTIONS REFER TO GRADE IN FALL 2015 (not current grade).
- You will have one hour to register all participants. The system will time out and lose all of your data after one hour.
- Please have the following information ready before you begin:
- Immunization records, health conditions, activity and/or food restrictions, medication information
- Doctor and dentist names and phone numbers, insurance carrier/group/policy number
- Emergency contact info and bus pickup contact info.
- You will register all participants at once. Staff no longer need to wait for a link to register their child – staff discounts will be applied before the autobilling date. Children of staff will be FREE, so staff should not pay more than the $15 deposit for their campers at the time of registration. Pixies and boys will be $50.
- Registrations for campers and aides require a $15.00 non-refundable deposit, which can be paid by credit card. If you need to arrange alternate payment, please call the day camp hotline at (650) 590-2240(650) 590-2240 for additional information. Registration closes at 5:00 p.m. PST on Friday, March 6, 2015.
- PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO REGISTER. Online registration will close and we will not accept late applications. Registration priority for on time applicants is determined by our Admissions Policy and is NOT first come, first served.
- Completion of registration does not guarantee a space at Diamond Crest Day Camp. All campers will be notified of acceptance or wait list status no later than May 10, 2015. Due to space restrictions, enrollment must be limited. Additionally, the number of campers that can be accommodated is contingent on recruitment of sufficient volunteer staff. Children of qualified staff are guaranteed placement. Registrations from Diamond Crest Service Unit that have been received on time will be given highest priority.
Camp fees provide bus transportation from local bus stops, with pick-up times from 8:00 to 8:30 a.m., returning to the schools between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.Children of camp staff may ride to camp in a parent’s car, but we strongly encourage all staff and campers to ride the bus. All other campers must ride the bus to camp.
Fall Sales/Cookie Rewards (formerly Cookie Credits) may be used to pay for camp fees. Please send the numbers on the cookie card to the Finance Manager at email@example.com.
- Fees also provide cookout meals, program supplies, accident insurance for all campers and a day camp patch.
- New this year: Fee for 6th grade horseback riding and 5th grade Archery is included in the cost of camp.
- Note: There will be an additional $15 fee for any staff member, camper or Aide who is not currently a registered Girl Scout for the 2014-15 year.
- Girl Scout Campers - $230
- Non Girl Scout Campers - $230 + $15 Girl Scout Fee ($245 total)
- Girl Scout Aides - $130
- Non-Girl Scout Aides - $130 + $15 Girl Scout Fee ($145 total)
- See the Staff section below for discounted fees for children of staff
Financial assistance is available through Girl Scouts of Northern California (GSNC). To arrange financial aid or to establish a payment plan, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message at the hotline at (650) 590-2240(650) 590-2240. We will provide the Financial Aid Form which must be completed and submitted to GSNC by their May 15, 2015 deadline.
Cancellations must be submitted to email@example.com and
should include the following information:
Refunds will be processed
within 7 business days of the receipt of a cancellation email:
- email address
- phone number
- Feb 12 to May31: Full refund, less the non-refundable $15
- June 1 to June 30: Partial refund. A $75 cancellation fee plus the
non-refundable $15 registration fee will be charged, for a total of $90. The balance will be refunded.
- On/After July 1: No refunds.
Campers are girls entering grades 1 through 7 in the fall of 2015.
- Girls entering 5th grade have the option of participating in Archery. Supplemental waiver form needed. No additional fee required.
- Girls entering 6th grade have the option of participating in Horseback Riding. Supplemental waiver form needed. No additional fee required.
- 7th grade campers will participate in the Aides in Training (AIT) program.
The AITS are still considered campers and spend their time preparing for their future roles as program Aides the following year (entering 8th grade).
- It is necessary that girls registering as AITS are able to attend camp the entire two weeks of the program. The administrative team is continually striving to provide all of our campers an excellent camp experience. Well-trained Aides are critical to this goal!
- NOTE: The AIT unit will be filled to maximum enrollment of 60 based on the criteria of the Admissions Policy.
Girls entering grades 8 through 10 serve as assistant staff at Day Camp, working with Unit Leaders to
supervise campers. Any applicant who has not completed the Diamond Crest AIT Training will be
placed in the AIT unit to complete training.
- Girls entering 10th grade who have been an Aide for 2 years may also apply to be a Leader in Training (LIT) and work in a unit with two adult leaders if they have completed AIT training and have been an Aide for two years. Aides and AITs may camp overnight twice during camp. July 29 is the Aides-in-Training initiation ceremony and July 30 is the all-camp overnight for girls entering grade 4 or higher.
- Training for Aides will be held at Huddart Park from 1pm-4pm on Friday, July 17.
- Note: The Aides unit will be filled to a maximum enrollment of 100 based on the criteria of the Admissions Policy.
ALL DAY CAMP STAFF IS VOLUNTEER!
- This opportunity is open to all adults, not just Girl Scout leaders. No experience in Girl Scouting or in camping is required.
- Volunteers must complete the required training and adult screening. (The "Volunteer Screening" is required by Girl Scouts of the USA). Find more information by following this link: https://www.girlscoutsnorcal.org/pages/for_volunteers/vol_screening.html
- You must enjoy playing outdoors and having fun. We’ll give you lots of program ideas, training and moral support. We need adults to be unit leaders and program instructors and have many behind the scenes and at camp jobs helping with food, buses and more.
- All children of staff members—Girl Scout, non-Girl Scout, Camper, Aide, Boy or Pixie (potty-trained Preschoolers through entering Kindergarten)—are eligible for a discounted fee.
- Note: There will be an additional fee of $15 for any staff member; camper or Aide child of staff who is not currently a registered Girl Scout (does not apply to Pixies or Boys).
- Please note: Staff discounts will not be applied until volunteer positions are confirmed, before the May 17 auto-billing date. Thus, a balance for each child will show when you check out, and the $15 registration fee will be charged for each camper.
- CHILDREN OF STAFF DISCOUNTED FEES
- Boy or Pixie - $50 (may only attend on days parent is at camp)
- Children of Full Time Staff (7-8 days at camp) – FREE (plus $15 for non-Girl Scout)
- Children of Part Time Staff (4-6 days at camp) - $100 (plus $15 for non-Girl Scout)
- Children of Outside Volunteers (COP, shopper, etc.) - $150 (plus $15 for non-Girl Scout)
- STAFF TRAINING DATES (locations TBD unless otherwise noted)
Junior Staff - JUL (Junior Unit Leader) or JAL (Junior Activity Leader)
- Thursday, April 16 – 7:00-9:00 pm (ALL STAFF) Orientation/Welcome
- Wednesday, May 6 – 7:00-9:00 pm (UNIT LEADERS by LEVEL) Level/Team Meeting
- Saturday, May 16 – 9:00am – 12:00pm (NEW UNIT LEADERS) Outdoor Skills
- Wednesday, 5/27 – 7-9pm (ALL STAFF) Program Night
- Friday, July 17 – 9:30-12:30 pm (ALL STAFF) (AIDE training 1:00-4:00 pm) @ Huddart Park – Sequoia Area
Girls entering 11th grade or higher, but under 18 as of 10/1/2014. Please register as Adult Staffif 18 or older as of September 30, 2014. If you did not turn 18 until AFTER September 30, 2014, please register as Junior Staff.
- Must be entering grade 11 or higher
Has completed AIT training or equivalent*
- If equivalent, would need to submit an application verifying training & experience working with children and accompanied by three references.
- Must have been an AIDE for 2 years, plu 1 year as an LIT, or an AIDE for 3 years
No camper fee is required for Junior Staff, but there is a $15 fee for any Junior Staff member who is not currently a registered Girl Scout.
There are 3 options for Junior Staff
PIXIES or BOYS (who are children of staff)
- Junior Unit Leader (JUL)
- Under adult direction, is responsible for tasks such as programming, menu planning, camper supervision and instruction within an assigned unit.
- Leader in Training (LIT)
- Girls entering 11th-12th grade may apply to be an LIT and work in a unit with two adult leaders if they have completed AIT training and have been an Aide for two years.
- Junior Activity Leaders (JAL)
- Under adult direction, is responsible for specific program activity at camp including planning, preparation, gathering materials and presenting the activity at camp.
As a courtesy to our onsite adult staff volunteers, we offer an at-camp childcare program for girl and boy preschoolers
and a program for boys entering grades 1 and higher.
Check it out! Patch_Contest_2015.pdf
Diamond Crest Girl Scout Day Camp Steering Committee
General Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus/Transportation Questions: email@example.com
Registration Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Questions: email@example.com
Diamond Crest Day Camp welcomes girls of all abilities and needs.
Because all of our campers have the opportunity to cook and will come in contact with many types of food during camp,
food allergies are of special concern.
WE ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE A COMPLETELY NUT-FREE ENVIRONMENT AT CAMP.